Investing in his community, Chuck gives time, talent, and treasure into area causes and non-profit missions. “When the community supports your efforts, it is important to give back to the community,” says Chuck Roth, Jr., an early lesson he learned from the store’s previous owner, Miss Laverne Burchfield.
- Northwest Indiana Nursery and Landscape Association, serving as President, Vice President and as a continuing long term board member.
- Friends of Indiana Dunes, 1989-2008 longest running board member, serving as President and Vice President and Chairman of Native Plant Sale
- Porter County Tourism Board
- 4-H Council Board Member
- Longtime-supporter of Boy Scouts of America
- Long-time supporter of the Chesterton Chamber of Commerce and served on the Chesterton Beautification Committee for many years
- Participates in Rebuilding Together Duneland, Chesterton Hometown Improvement Program, Duneland Business Initiative and many other community endeavors